I have set up the free version of Web2Cal and it seems like it will meet many of our needs. Before purchasing I want to make sure I understand a few things:
1) Our application for Web2Cal involves scheduling about 25 employees. These employees must be able to request vacation time and other time off. It looks like web2cal has a new \"Block Events in Range (A Must have extension for all Calendars!)\" feature that might be designed for this purpose. Will this feature prevent the office manager from scheduling an employee during their vacation week? Does the \"create new event\" interface support creating such blocked day/time ranges, or do the blocked ranges have to be specified manually in a configuration file?
The web page for this \"block events\" feature says that it is free, but there is no download button - it simply says \"Included in Web2Cal Ultimate.\" Also, the Pricing page seems to indicate that \"Extensions Compatibility\" is only available in the Ultimate version. Does this all really mean that we would have to pay an additional $1000 for the Ultimate version just to get the \"free\" block events feature?
2) Clicking on the \"Mobile\" tab on the website brings up a page that says \"More Information Coming Soon\" and further \"Releasing May, 2010. Stay tuned.\" However, there is also a \"Pricing\" page that claims I can \"Buy Now.\" Is your iPhone project an app that will be available in the app store, or simply a set of small screen templates? What is the status of the iPhone project?
3) Does the paid version include additional integration examples? In particular, it would be helpful to see a PHP/MySQL example of something like the Health Club tutorial on your website. (The php example included with the free version is buggy. Group setting disappears when editing events, and there isn\'t a way to add/edit an event description.)
4) Our application appears similar to your Health Club Tutorial, but the links to the demo are broken (404 Error). Is that demo visible at a different URL?
5) On your \"Contact Us\" page (
) the bottom of the left column contains a link to \"Sample Integration,\" but that link is broken (404 Error). Is that information visible at a different URL?